Friday 17 July 2009

Jeff Franceour

Writing in Georgia- it seems appropriate.

Walter Cronkite died tonight.

Anyway, back to what I was going to write about; Frenchy, he swung at the first pitch he saw tonight and made an out. He did the same last night and ground into a double play.


Atlanta is full of 50% off Franceour shirts- here is an example I particularly like:



What you can't see and I didn't take a photo of because the woman in the shop thought I was crazy, is the John Rocker icon. It's still full price, nine years since he mouthed off and eight since he was traded- he's still full price though!

1 comment:

Atom Smasher said...

There was a guy in a Braves shirt with Rocker on the back at Shea Stadium where I saw them last year.

As he walked along outside the ballpark, there were shouts of "JOHN ROCKER???!!!" in disbelief, from Mets and Braves supporters alike.