Friday 17 July 2009

Blog-on

I thought the best way to keep in touch with the various people who are interested in how this goes would be to blog a little.

It might not be daily, but I'll try and post something up here with a couple of pictures too regularly.

If I set everything up correctly, it should also post to facebook.... and as Ed says in a previous post there will be Tweets over at http://twitter.com/simboid hopefully.

Anyway to get things started I thought I'd start with a whinge. Atlanta Hartsfield Airport has the weirdest baggage claim ever.

Got of the plane, queued for nearly an hour to get through immigration (you still have to fill in a green I94 form even if you did the ETSA thingy online- what's up with that?). Then obviously my bag was right there at baggage claim, excellent I thought. Then I proceeded through customs, easy..... But wait, what's this? I have to check my bags again to "enter the airport". Then I get the body scan treatment- hand luggage through a scanner- laptop out of bag- No bottles of water- etc etc ....... Then you walk down a corridor which is litterally 2 miles long, with a train you can take to speed things along...... At the end is a new baggage claim where you get to do the whole carousel shuffle all over again.

Now the good stuff- watched a spectacular sunset on the MARTA on the way into downtown. My hotel is literally right on top of Peachtree Centre station, and everything I was expecting. I have the corner room on the 16th floor. The view from one of my windows is due north.



I have a 32" widescreen tv- and free wireless internet. Oh and the shower is the size of Wales.

Its 10am, I'm getting ready to go out for something to eat and get me a new Braves cap.

I'm planning a day at the ballpark this afternoon- Turner field tour- Braves museum- batting practice- something to eat- pre-game ceremony (reason for the trip to Atlanta)- and the game- Jurrjens and Pelfry tonight.

There will be no hotdog league. I just don't like them very much, I wouldn't be qualified. I will rate ball park food generally if you like though.

Braves one last night 5-3, so lets hope they keep it up. I'll try and educate the locals into booing Francoeur, we'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

Simboid said...

Oops, should say won

ShadowFalcon said...

lol well the trip started well then :-)